Winter writing

Happy Friday!! I hope you all had a great week back after the break!

This week we practiced our writing. In the fall, we did guided writing as a class. Now my goal is for them to be able to come up with sentences independently. We have words on our word wall, as well as a winter word wall and a chart of sight words. My goal is to get my students used to using all of these resources around the classroom to help them when they are writing.

Together, we decided that the goal for their writing was "au moins 3 phrases". They also had to use each of the words in the box at least once.

My students earn pompoms as a class that can be redeemed for free choice on Fridays. The more pompoms they have earned as a class, the more minutes of free choice they get. We decided that for today they would get 1 pompom for each sentence they wrote down. It was a great motivator!

Here is some of their work:






These are from my tpt store here!

No comments

Back to Top