Notre eau polluée!



We have started our year off with the study of air and water. My classes LOVE science, and couldn't wait to get started with an experiment.

I found these containers at Dollarama. I like them because half of the lid opens up, so the kids can smell the water without taking the lid off the jar. I also learned the hard way last year - it's hard to clean the containers after this experiment! So using my empty fish tank was a bad choice...

With each class, we found garbage and leftover food from lunch time. I also added oil, because we talked about what it would do to feathers and fur. I stuck a feather in each of the jars as well so we can look at that over time.

We have only had them for a few days and they already smell horrible! The kids understood the importance of protecting our water very quickly!


No comments

Back to Top