Back to school


I can't believe it's already the night before the FIRST DAY! 

I've been getting all my plans together, and here's how I'm starting off the year.... 

Our school flips for French Immersion after period 4, so I will repeat a lot every second day with my second FI class. There will also be a LOT of repeated activities and lots of time spent practicing routines!! 

Tuesday: First day!!!! 
- An introduction to how French Immersion works at our school
- Learning to use our agendas (with this as a guide)
- Show them how the daily schedule works (which will hopefully ease some first day nerves, since they'll see how their day will look)
- Teach "Je m'appelle" - Pass a ball around the circle and say "Je m'appelle _________" when they get the ball
- A full school assembly! 
- Teach "Bonjour" and "Au revoir" songs 
- Make our first day crowns



Wednesday: Day 2!
- Review "Je m'appelle" when taking attendance
- Get to know you activity - "Find someone who



- "This summer I" drawing (to make a bulletin board)



- Play "Je m'appelle" again to review - Pass a ball around the circle and say "Je m'appelle _________" when they get the ball
- Go on a tour of the school 
- Practice "Bonjour" and "Au revoir" songs

Thursday: Day 3! 
- Review "Je m'appelle" when taking attendance
- "Bonjour, je m'appelle" drawing activity - early finishers try to label the colours in their drawing using the colour posters




- Practice "Bonjour" and "Au revoir" songs
- Read "Mon Ecole" (for the first of MANY times!) 




Friday: Day 4! 
- Send home French duotang
- Illustrate "bonjour" and "au revoir" songs (to go in duotangs) 
- Read "L'automne" (for the first of MANY times!)

I'm sure I'll have to shuffle a lot, depending on how much I manage to get through each day. I find I ALWAYS plan too much on the first day, so I've left time for it to flow into the other days of the week. 

I hope you all manage to get some sleep tonight!!! 





No comments

Back to Top