"Dans ma salle de classe" mini books


This week we made our mini books! Literally... I photocopied them 4/page so we had teeny tiny books! This was a selling point for my grade 1s, as they thought mini books were very exciting. 

The mini books followed the same pattern as the book I have read to them for the past few weeks. We practiced the vocabulary many different ways before I had them write their own book. 




The dot at the end of each sentence is for the colour: "Dans ma salle de classe, il y a 4 gommes roses", "Dans ma salle de classe il y a 3 crayons oranges". 


So... I came back from Thanksgiving weekend to find my classroom covered in mouse droppings. We had a few visitors move into our hallway of the school!!! 

Some of my students wrote this into their books! They thought it was quite funny! Technically, it was in our classroom... 



My students are REALLY excited to read their books to some of the older French Immersion students at our school! 




No comments

Back to Top