This week in grade 1 and 2...


This week in grade 1:

This week we practised our weather vocabulary! I pulled small groups and we played "bug in a rug" at my guided reading table. The kids love spending time in a small group with me, and get a lot out of the ten minutes we spend together. I can make sure they are using the correct pronunciation when they are with me, and give them lots of chances to practise speaking. 




In grade 2:

This week we practised our fall vocabulary. We played "bang", "bug in a rug", dominoes, and matching puzzles (word to picture) in centres. Then in small groups, they sequenced 4 fall pictures and came up with a short story to match it. 



Next week I will be adding another centre activity - a sight word hunt! Students use a magnifying glass to hunt for sight words in the pumpkins. They can record the words they find on the tracker sheet, and then read them to a partner! 





What are you working on right now? What are your students loving? I'd love to hear about it! 


No comments

Back to Top